Is the vehicle fully insured?
Yes, the vehicle comes with fully comprehensive insurance for the UK & EU travel (see terms & conditions).
How do I book?
There are three ways you can book:
- There is an online booking form on the website. We will then contact you to confirm
- By telephone on 01257 463111
- By email firstname.lastname@example.org
What is the deposit and when is the balance due?
- Deposit is £250 (non-refundable)
- Balance is due 6 weeks in advance
Who can drive the motorhome?
The named driver(s) must be:
- between the ages of 30 and 70.
- have held a full UK or EU licence for a minimum of two years.
- have not had your licence suspended for any period within the last three years.
- have not been involved in more than one fault incident within the last three years.
- have no more than two convictions with a maximum of 3 points per conviction.
- have not obtained a BA, DD or UT conviction.
Where can I go in the motorhome?
Anywhere in the UK or within the EU, including Ireland. This also includes Gibraltar, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Monaco, Norway, San Marino, Serbia and Switzerland.
What does the price include?
- One driver
- Bike rack (up to 4 bikes max. 60 kg)
- Mileage allowance is set at 1500 miles per week and a maximum of 5000 miles per hire – each mile in excess of this will be charged out at 15p per mile.
- UK Fully comprehensive insurance (Cost of £10 per day for EU cover)
- UK Breakdown cover
- Free Wi-Fi
- LCD TV
- Full pre-hire demonstration
- One full Gas bottle
- Caravan and Camping Club Privilege Membership (applies booking discount)
- We provide mattress protectors and sheets.
- Table and chairs (subject to an extra cost of £10 per chair and £10 for the table). This can be requested at the time of booking.
Is there a minimum hire period?
- June/July/August – 7 nights
- Rest of the year – 4 nights
What documents do I need?
- Your full driving licence
- Two proofs of address such as bank statements, passport or utility bills dated within 60 days of your hire date. On arrival at Red Fox Motorhome Hire you will be asked to show your confirmation email.
- We will ask you to provide a DVLA driving summary to validate your Driving Licence. information with up-to-date details for our insurance purposes. We will require access to your online DVLA record. This is to validate any driving endorsements or not, that you may have.
Can I take the motorhome out of the UK?
- Yes, for a minimum of 7 nights
- EU Insurance cover is charged at £10 per night
- The motorhome can be taken to any country within the European Union.
Are there limitations on use/areas of travel
- You cannot hire the vehicle for racing, competitions, rallies or trials, track days or any purpose in connection with the Motor Trade.
- Certain occupations are prohibited from hiring the motorhome. These include, Professional Sportspersons, Entertainment Industry, People in the Public Eye, TV & Film
- At present we cannot hire to non-UK nationals. This is being reviewed.
Where do I pick up the motorhome?
The motorhome can be picked up from Parbold. The address and details will be sent to you prior to booking.
What optional extras can I book with my motorhome?
- Additional Drivers: £50 per night (max 2 additional drivers in total)
- European Vehicle Insurance and travel pack costs £10 per night (minimum 7 night applies)
Can I take my pet?
Yes, we allow one medium sized dog in our motorhomes. The charge for this is £40 per hire. The security deposit will be £1500, and you will be required to sign our Pet policy.
Does the motorhome have a TV?
Yes, all our motorhome have a 1080p high-definition TV with a USB port and HDMI port.
Will the motorhome fit baby/child seats?
- Yes, but only seats that are designed to fit a standard 3-point seatbelt. Motorhomes in general do not have Isofix seatbelts
- It is the responsibility of the parent to ensure the sea belt is securely attached to the baby/child seat
Can I park my car with you whilst I am away?
Yes, you can park on our driveway
What is a handover?
You will receive expert advice on how to use the motorhome when you arrive at our premises. You will be shown all the key features, how to use the various items with the home, how to replenish the fresh water, use the on-board heating systems etc. The motorhomes are very easy to use and operate. As well as this, demonstration videos are provided.
What is the security deposit?
- A security deposit of £1000 is pre-authorised or taken on a debit/credit card when you pick up the motorhome. The name on the card must match the hirer’s name.
- £1500 is needed with all pet friendly hire.
- £1500 is needed for festival hire and special events.
What time can I pick up and drop off the motorhome?
- Pick up time is between 2pm - 3pm
- Drop off time is 11am
What works from the LPG gas bottle?
- The heating and hot water
- The hob/grill/oven
- The fridge runs off the leisure battery when you’re driving
What works from the leisure battery?
- Water pump
- LCD TV
- The leisure battery charges as you drive, from a 240 charger when hooked up to the mains and also through the solar panels.
What does hooking up to the Mains Electricity mean?
- On most campsites you can park your motorhome on an electric pick-up pitch
- Electric hook-up provides mains electricity which powers the fridge, water heater, space heater and recharges the leisure battery
- The onboard 240v plug sockets can only be used when hooked up to the mains
What plug sockets are there in the motorhome?
- There are up to 3 plug sockets
- There is a 12v socket in the cab area which can be used to power phone chargers
Is the motorhome suitable in winter?
- Yes, the motorhome is insulated and has double glazed windows
- The on-board space heating system keeps the motorhome warm in the winter months.
What is the freshwater storage on board?
There is a freshwater tank approximately 120L.
Do you provide bedding?
We provide mattress protectors and sheets. We do not provide quilts or pillows so you will have to bring them.